Last Updated: 24th May 2018
What this policy covers
Please read this policy carefully. Further information about privacy and data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at ico.org.uk.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Who we are
We are OpenGenius Limited, a company registered in England and Wales – No. 05653541. Our registered office is at: OpenGenius Ltd. Tec Marina, Terra Nova Way, Penarth, United Kingdom, CF64 1SA. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When we refer to “iMindMap,” “we,” or “us” in this policy, we mean OpenGenius Ltd., which controls the information iMindMap collects when you use the Services. iMindMap offers software, including our web, desktop, and mobile products, which help you to stay creative and productive. We also own and operate a number of websites and offer related services, like support. We refer to all of these products, together with our other services and websites as “Services” in this policy.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us. This will include information collected when:
- You register for our Services. This will include information such as your name, email and profile photo.
- You administer your account. This will include information such as your bio and your company details.
- You provide content through our products. This content could be collected via any of the iMindMap applications such as the web, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows or Mac and will include information you choose to input such as project names, notes and file attachments.
- You provide content through our websites. The includes websites owned or operated by us such as our product websites, support website, social media or social networking websites, and any other websites operated by us in order to provide our Services.
- You contact us via email, phone or one of our online support channels. When speaking to one our representative you may be asked to provide contact information, account information and details to the nature of the enquiry.
- You purchase one of our products. We collect payment and billing information when you register for our paid services which are processed using a secure payment processing service. We do not store credit/debit card numbers belonging to our customers.
- You connect third party services to your account. We receive information about you when you or your administrator enable third-party apps or integrate or link a third-party service with our Services. For example, if you create an account or log into the Services using your Google credentials, we receive your name and email address as permitted by your Google profile settings in order to authenticate you.
We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services.
- Platform, device and technical information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to access the Services. This may include information about your browser, Operating System, IP address, device identifiers and crash data. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is transferred from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It enables a website to “remember” who you are. Cookies are used for authentication, tracking, and maintaining user-specific information (preferences, shopping cart, etc.) and often contain a unique and anonymous identifier. Browsers only allow websites to interact with their own cookies, not those from other websites. The settings in your browser allow you to accept or decline cookies depending upon your preferences.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is a small transparent gif image that is embedded in an HTML page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed.
How we use the information we collect about you
If you register for a iMindMap account, we will use your information to provide this service to you. When you register with us or buy from us, the information you provide will be used:
- To provide the Services you require.
- To communicate with your about our Services. This will include sending you relevant marketing information, promotion, product updates, tips, etc. to ensure you get the most out of our Services. Our marketing emails contain a link to unsubscribe, so you may opt-out from receiving our marketing communications at any time.
- For continual product development and improvement. We may also use this information to resolve software crashes and technical issues with our Services.
- For feedback. If you do not object, we may use the information we hold on you to contact you for feedback on your use of our software and/or services, and/or website.
- For analytics and analysis. As part of aggregated data about users of our website, sales patterns and other statistical data to improve our website, but it will not be possible to identify individuals from that aggregated data.
- To protect our Services and users.
How we share the information we collect
OpenGenius will share your information in the following ways:
- Integrations with Third Parties. When you connect your account with a third party services via an integration, we will share information about you that is required to provide the integration between the third party service and our Services. We provide third party integrations with a number of services including Google, Evernote, Biggerplate and Dropbox.
- Third party service providers. We may provide access to or share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide services for, but not limited to, application hosting, server logging, data storage, file storage, billing, advertising, analytics, emailing, customer service, shipping and fulfilment, marketing and security.
We support integrations with a number of Google services and therefore access, collect, use and store information about you that you provide when you register to use iMindMap. The use of this Google user data is limited to the following practices if enabled:
- Google Drive
To upload iMindMap files to a Google Drive.
How we keep your information secure
We keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data for our Services is predominantly hosted on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform within the US. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number to purchase OpenGenius products and services), we encrypt such information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Control of the data we collect about you
To request the information OpenGenius has stored about you, please contact us at email@example.com
If you wish for your iMindMap account to be deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our policy towards children
iMindMap Ultimate Plus, iMindMap Ultimate, iMindMap Home & Student, iMindMap HD (iPad, Android tablet), iMindMap (iPhone, Android phone), iMindMap for Web and iMindMap Cloud & Mobile are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.
iMindMap Kids is directed to individuals under 16, however this free app does not collect any personal information from its users. There are no third-party ads in our apps. We do not collect anything that is personally identifiable in our apps for children.